[TriLUG] Specs for a good workstation

Sean Korb via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri May 5 21:31:13 EDT 2017

A used HP Z640 with 2 2.0GHz 8 core Xeons  should do it. You can pack
96GB into it with 8GB DIMMs and I think you can get much more since it
supports up to 32GB DIMMs. The Z840 supports even more RAM.  It's
pretty quiet a lot of the time but it should get pretty loud if you
actually put a load on all those containers.

I think someone was selling a Dell here recently that was also pretty
darn large.

sean

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 9:09 PM, vikram sai balaji ulaganathan via
TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a tower that can run at
> least 30 to 40 Ubuntu docker containers with a say lamp app?
> Thanks
> Vikram
> --
> This message was sent to: Sean Korb <spkorb at gmail.com>

'65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera #1382