[TriLUG] OT: Cars smarter than us (was "my first IoT device")

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 15 08:59:20 EDT 2017

> I keep seeing cars with headlights on and taillights off.
I'm betting Daytime Running Lights (in combination with clueless drivers).

...don't get me started on clueless drivers...

My car isn't all that new ('07) and isn't all that fancy, but it does have one feature that has tripped me up once or twice: The instrument panel illumination is always on, whether or not the headlights are on, making it very easy to drive off from a well-lit area at night with headlights off.

-B