[TriLUG] Linux desktop suggestions

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 22 10:59:04 EDT 2017

First and foremost, my condolences.
I'm a regular mac user at home and a Fedora user at work.
I think you'll find the transition relatively easy for most things.
However, you won't find a terminal emulator that comes close to iTerm2 just
because of differences in the windowing systems. I generally use a standard
Fedora install with Gnome but running i3 as my window manager. i3 won't be
near what you're used to but if you give it a try, you may find that you
prefer it over the normal window managers.

Finally, out of curiosity, why did you need a separate screen-shot
application? I've always felt that mac's built-in screen shot app was one
of the best out there.

-Lee