[TriLUG] Linux desktop suggestions

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon May 22 11:19:08 EDT 2017

Personally I feel the reasons to choose Mint over Ubuntu have disappeared
and the reason for Ubuntu over MInt is definitely the upgrade in place
process is better.

Coming from a Mac Ubuntu + Unity on 16.04 LTS is probably pretty
equivalent.  Mint and Cinnamon or Mate are more windows equivalent.  Also
in Ubuntu you can now just install them.

Unity like gnome the shortcut to the launcher is the Super/Windows key.

I will mention if you are like me and hate anything taking you away from
the keys on a laptop consider a tiling window manage.  I am a fan of Qtile.