[TriLUG] JOB: Mid-level Linux Sysadmin

Rob Morris via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue May 23 15:29:58 EDT 2017

I'm not a recruiter. I'm one of the interviewers and the senior for this team.

We have a mid-level to senior linux system administrator position open in Durham.

Requirements: Must have BS degree (or equivalent experience), must have 3-5 years' experience with Linux (RHEL distros preferred as we are a RHEL shop) system administration.

Here are some other items that are on the job req.

*Solid knowledge of application development and security procedures.
*Solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
*Solid understanding of relational database concepts and products; Oracle and MySQL preferred.
*Experience participating in system architecture design.
*Experience in version management and change control discipline.
*Experience with version control systems, such as Git/GitHub/GitLab
*Experience with automated configuration management and infrastructure automation tools, such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
*Minimum of 3 years' operational experience in the areas of:
    -Experience with design, implementation, and support of Linux; RHEL preferred.
    -Experience supporting applications in virtualization strategies across multiple technologies/platforms, such as VMWare, OpenStack, and Docker.
    -Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, performed by a diverse group of professionals
*Preferred experience:
    -Experience managing a clinical system in an enterprise environment.
    -Experience with database administration; Oracle and MySQL preferred.
    -Experience with SSO technologies; Shibboleth, OAuth, and LDAP preferred.
    -Experience with common programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Perl, Java.

If this sounds like you, email me.
--
Robert Morris