[TriLUG] Help on disk managment: LVM vs. ZFS

tj via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 24 15:24:16 EDT 2017

my experience in ZoL is solid.
I have been using ZoL since 2012
my system has LSI IT firmware (sas card)  that connected to sas expander.
as I remember... using on board sata was not so good in performance.
my base system is centos 6 and 7.

I will wait BTRFS to be fully mature since got some issue on running BTRFS
in VM (Zoneminder).

start from the scratch  is my suggestion, regardless ZoL or LVM.