[TriLUG] any gitlab on RHEL 7 experts out there?

Greg Brown via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed May 24 15:44:47 EDT 2017

I'm trying to set up gitlab on RHEL 7 in a locked-down openstack cluster of
sorts.  I finally got the proxies and firewalls to allow me to get to the
necessary repos and the installation completes but the 'reconfigure' job
fails.. every time.

Other errors I've seen after trying to get this going:

 sudo /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/runsvdir -P /opt/gitlab/service
runsvdir /opt/gitlab/service: fatal: unable to start runsv redis: file does
not exist
runsvdir /opt/gitlab/service: fatal: unable to start runsv redis: file does
not exist
runsvdir /opt/gitlab/service: fatal: unable to start runsv redis: file does
not exist
runsvdir /opt/gitlab/service: fatal: unable to start runsv redis: file does
not exist

I used the standard (basic) installation instructions:

https://about.gitlab.com/downloads/#centos7

If anyone has run into this had has any thoughts please send them along.

Greg