[TriLUG] Add Another NFS Client to NFS Server

Alan Sterger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 1 18:12:31 EDT 2017

Hello Group,

Want to add another NFS4 client with its own mountpoint for a total of 2
NFS clients.  The new client need only communicate with the server.
Currently have 1 client enabled and it works fine but am scratching my
head as to correct method of integrating a second client.

Current server-side /etc/exports file with a single client:
/nfs_share *(rw,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check)

There isn't any active name service and client IP addresses ping but do
not resolve, hence the '*' in the host slot (not my system).

I suppose going forward I could mofify /etc/exports to:
/nfs_share_db1 *(rw,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check)
/nfs_share_db2 *(rw,no_wdelay,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check)

Good enough approach?  Comments?

Thanks for any feedback,

Alan Sterger