[TriLUG] Opinions sought: Log parsing tools, postfix particularly

vikram sai balaji ulaganathan via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 10 10:18:41 EDT 2017

Some Enterprises use splunk. Not sure on how it works or cost. But this is
something we have heard many times.

On Jul 10, 2017 10:03 AM, "Brian via TriLUG" <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

Hi Folks,

For a long time I've been using logwatch to give me daily synopses of my
server's activity.  These days, I'm finding I want more detail,
particularly as it applies to postfix rejections.  Right now I get a
logwatch digest that tells me, for example, the daily number of 4xx and 5xx
rejections that occur.  I'd like something that will let me optionally
drill down to details about individual rejects, without having to grep my
way through eye-crossing log files.  I could whip up something myself, but
there's gotta already be several mature options out there among which I
could choose.

Any suggestions?  A web interface would be ideal; RDBMS back-end (ideally
MySQL) a plus.

I am JFG-ing-I, but I'm interested in usage anecdotes.

Thanks,
-Brian
--
This message was sent to: Vikram <tayirvadai.vikram at gmail.com>