[TriLUG] Linode question

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 10 16:15:17 EDT 2017

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017, Leonard Boyle wrote:

> Joe,
>
> take a look at tcptraceroute and tracepath

Hi Leonard,

as it happens, tracepath was useful. It got through to the other end of the vpn
tunnel (to the lightsail server), while traceroute only saw the IP on my end of
the tunnel.

It also showed that the lightsail firewall gui was doing something. I could get
through the tunnel to the lightsail server with U:1194 open on the gui, but
otherwise not.

Still the lightsail server won't route packets to the internet, when a test pair
of machines here using the same config files, routes just fine.

I'm off to get a Linode machine.

Thanks everyone

Joe

jmack (at) austintek (dot) com - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml