[TriLUG] Meeting location

Brian Gerard via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jul 31 23:12:16 EDT 2017

Hey everyone-

We have received word that we likely won't be able to meet at The Frontier
any longer.  Unfortunately, Oak City Technology would be charged for hosting
us, due to the number of other events they host there through the month.

FYI, August is still up in the air; we should find out in the next day or
two whether or not we'll be meeting there this month.  Obviously, we'll let
everyone know as soon as we know one way or the other.

So that brings up two questions for you, the members.

I said "likely" because The Frontier doesn't have any objections to us remaining
there, it's just that Oak City isn't able to host us any more.  So the first
question is, are any of you affiliated with any other Frontier tenants who would
be willing and able to serve as our hosts at the facility?  And please note
that that can either be on an ongoing basis, or even just for our next meeting,
in case the answer about August is "no".  If so, please reach out to the
Steering Committee via steering at trilug.org.

Second, *if* we don't have another company at The Frontier who can become our
new host, we obviously need to find a new home.  If you know of a company or
facility who would be a good candidate, the Steering Committee would be very
grateful to hear about it!  If you have a contact, that's wonderful.  But even
if not, if you just know of a company that wants to host technical meetups, let
us know the company name and any details you do know, and we'll follow up.

Geographically, we'd probably like to keep it moderately centralized, somewhere
between Raleigh and RTP, but certainly in the short term we can make exceptions.

Logistically, we generally have between 50 and 80 members show up at a meeting,
and we would ideally like to be able to start setting up around 6:30.  We
generally stop right at or before 9:00 on most nights, with another 30 minutes
or so of cleanup, but we can work with a venue if they have rules along those
lines.  Likewise with the pizza and drinks - we can keep that part of the event
in a separate from the meeting if need be.

All leads and suggestions are welcome, folks.  As I said, we'll chase down
info if we need to, but any legwork you do ahead of time would be very much
appreciated!

We'll keep everyone posted with details as they develop.

Thank you!
Brian Gerard
Chair, TriLUG