[TriLUG] OT: Blocking scroll video pop ups

Thomas Delrue via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Aug 11 17:14:09 EDT 2017

On 08/11/2017 04:22 PM, Kevin Hunter Kesling via TriLUG wrote:
>  4. Have you searched your browser's available extensions for 'disable
>     video autoplay'?  That might be another solution worth considering.

Have you tried about:config -> media.autoplay.enabled = false
It is set to true by default (and why am I not surprised about this?),
extensions just set it to false. As far as I know, you don't need no
stinkin' extensions for this type of thing.

about:config houses many very interesting settings you can use to tweak
and make your browser a bit more your own (instead of owned by whichever
website you go to these days). I highly recommend a perusal.