[TriLUG] Eero System

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 24 10:18:03 EDT 2017

Brian,
My best experience with routers has been refurbished netgear routers for $20-30 and load DD-WRT. They have lasted for ever and never give me trouble. On the other hand, I have had a few linksys/cisco refurb routers die on me. I have used the DD-WRT repeater and wireless bridge features with great success. The part I love the best about the open source OS is that you can tune the radio output for the need of your repeaters or bridges. Of course this may well have been the demise of the cisco routers, as they were not optimized for heat like the Netgear routers.So when I increased the radio, I may have burned it out. So with these pluses and minuses, I would still go with the open source any day of the week, and even the leap year extra day as well `,~)
John Vaughters