[TriLUG] TWC data breach

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 5 10:22:52 EDT 2017

Well without going down a deep rat hole, let's face it... decades of Gov. regulated businesses and existing infrastructure are the advantage. Google has plenty of lobbiest and plenty of money to buy the Gov. Just like the others, but they are behind the 8 ball in this territory. I applaud the effort, but it was seriously over promised and underestimated. I have always believed this was more bark than bite. It got the other players to ramp up their services and Google makes more money with more bandwidth. I suspect it is a calculation on their part. How much do we (Google) have to spend to increase overall bandwidth?
We all benefit from serious competition such as Google Fiber. Just the threat is good for consumers. I am however still hopeful they get to my house within a few more years. I would love to ditch the TWC/Rectum.
John Vaughters