[TriLUG] TWC data breach

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 5 10:51:20 EDT 2017

The problem isn't that building networks is hard and expensive; it is, but
Google is up to the challenge.

The problem is that AT&T/Charter/Comcast have *actively fought *Google's
ability to put their lines on legacy-owned poles.

They have gone as far as to sue cities over one-touch make-ready ordinances
that would speed up deployment of Google Fiber.

So far they are losing, but it's taking a lot of time.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."