[TriLUG] convert pdf to doc

David Burton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 6 14:18:29 EDT 2017

The latest Kingsoft WPS Office
<http://www.kingsoftstore.com/software/kingsoft-office-freeware> Writer
(self-identifies at v. 10.2.0.5934) supports PDF-to-DOC file conversion. I
just tried it on a .pdf file, and the .doc conversion looks just about
perfect.

Caveat #1:  I only tried it on one file.

Caveat #2:  WPS Office has the very obnoxious habit of seizing control of
.pdf files (and perhaps MS Office files), repeatedly making itself the
default Windows application for opening such files. See the forwarded email
& annotated screenshot, below, for how to disable that.

Dave