[TriLUG] convert pdf to doc

Jeffery Painter via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 7 16:01:18 EDT 2017

Just a heads up.

If your PDF is a collection of images rather than real text, I just
installed pdfocr and it worked wonderfully!  Our HOA bylaws were scans
of docs and not searchable - in a few minutes, it had converted the 60
page document into a search friendly PDF (however it exploded the size
from 2.5mb to about 60mb). YMMV

https://github.com/gkovacs/pdfocr

--
Jeff