[TriLUG] SMTP Submission (port 587) from behind an HTTP(S) proxy

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 15 16:31:31 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 20:16 +0000, Reid Thompson wrote:
> I use evolution with the evoloution-ews connector with no problems.
> If I recall there is a small cost ews add-on for thunderbird. EWS is
> the Exchange Web Services interface that clients use to send\receive
> via.  Last Time I looked there was no free tbird ews add-on but that
> may have changed.

Early on, as in several months ago, I did try the EWS extension for
Evolution and found it didn't work reliably.  I ended up actually
purchasing ($10 / year - a small price to pay to have native Linux on
my desktop) Exquilla which interfaced to the Exhchange server and still
will, as long as I am not trying to go through the web proxy.

The problem came into play when they removed the local (non proxied)
SMTP interface and started using only the M$ one.