[TriLUG] NC DataPalooza - NC's open data competition

Jason Hibbets via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 9 23:48:27 EDT 2017

Hi TriLUG,

We just kicked off the 5th annual NC DataPalooza
<http://www.ncdatapalooza.com/> competition at CityCamp NC on September 30.
We’ve opened the call for teams to pitch at All Things Open
<http://allthingsopen.org> for one of the three finalists spots.  The
finalists will compete for a $5,000 grand prize at the NC DataPalooza
Finale on November 13th
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nc-datapalooza-2017-tickets-38259132094> at
HQ Raleigh’s Canon Ballroom. It’s an event that brings together coders,
designers, entrepreneurs, the public, and government to create positive
change in the community through the use of open data.

Would some of you be willing to help us promote the event and encourage
teams to sign-up for the competition to you personal netowrks?  I’ve
attached a marketing template
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XzSX3361aSKZp-QDh2kuOOFQzZwjJBMlQ6A9k3W22U0>
that has bullets about the event with sample email and social media posts.

As a thank-you for helping promote the event and encourage teams to submit
their projects, I invite you to join us for free. You can register for the
finale using promo code *VIP2017NCOPEN* at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
nc-datapalooza-2017-tickets-38259132094

Thanks for your help with this and I hope you’ll be able to join us!

Thank you,

Jason