[TriLUG] Former Gnu Radio Lead Dev/Maintainer is Organizer of DARPA SDR Hackfest

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Oct 9 20:44:27 EDT 2017

Hey folks, among the TriLUG members last year, there was strong interest in
Software Defined Radio (SDR).

I realized SDR is pretty cool after watching this presentation from the
Black Hat Asia 2015 conference, where the presenter, Balint Seeber, used
GNU Radio to take control of a decommissioned NASA satellite.

https://youtu.be/MKbU3HhG2vk

Anyhoo…

One of the members of the Mil-OSS group said he is presenting at the DARPA
SDR Hackfest. So I browsed through the event pages and noticed the
organizer was the GNU Radio maintainer and lead dev..

“Prior to joining DARPA, Dr. Rondeau was the maintainer and lead developer
of the GNU Radio project and a consultant on signal processing and wireless
communications.”

https://darpahackfest.com/faq

The event is not local to the Triangle, however, I thought it was worth
sharing.

Jeremy Davis