[TriLUG] Data recovery from dead iPhone

bick via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Oct 26 15:35:17 EDT 2017

I can't say they are the most likely to be successful, but I can say
when my wife's Nexus 5X bootlooped, Triangle Cellular Repair was able to
get the phone running long enough to recover her photos.  The location
that does data recovery is at 3120 John Humphries Wynd, Raleigh, NC
27612.  I think they charge $200 bucks if they are successful and
nothing if they aren't.  When doing research about data recovery, I
found multiple places online that were set up to do things like remove
the memory chips from phones and read them directly (and they were
significantly more expensive), but I couldn't tell which company would
be better than the other.  AFAIK, TCR cannot read the memory directly.
Unless they can do something to get the phone itself running, they will
not be able to recover the data.

Good luck,

Chris