[TriLUG] Holiday Social and Demos call for comments

Brian Gerard via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Nov 10 22:36:32 EST 2017

Hey everyone-

In preparation for our annual Holiday Social and Demos gathering, the Steering
Committee wanted to reach out and get some feedback from the group.

First, largely due to the dearth of sponsors we've had this year, we've decided
to make this year's event a potluck.  We will have a sign-up sheet posted soon
where you can let us know what specific goodies you want to bring.

However, we still want to provide one dish from TriLUG.  So the first bit of
feedback we'd like is, what should that be... and preferably, from where?  A
main dish, a side dish, dessert?  We'll still be providing sodas either way,
but what else should we bring in?

Second, we want to get any feedback on venue.  At this time, we're planning on
holding it at the RedHat Annex again - it's worked quite well for us.  That
being said, we also want input.  Does the Annex work for most of us?  Is there
another place you'd rather it be?  Note; on this question, we would need an
alternate suggestion (ideally with contact info at least) if you'd rather move
it elsewhere.  We simply don't have the time or resources to go hunting for
another venue without a lead.  Bear in mind that it needs to accommodate
upwards of 50 people, with food, preferably wifi, and while it may not have
to be free, if there are fees, they need to be pretty low.

Let us know!  We can have a discussion here on the list, or feel free to email
steering at trilug.org directly if you would prefer.  We would like the feedback in
the next few days, though, so that we can make sure our plans are set in plenty
of time for the Social.  We'll give it until mid-week next week or so.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, we will get the sign-up form posted here in the
next few days as well, for both dishes and demos.  :)

Thanks, everybody!
Brian
Chair, TriLUG