[TriLUG] Debian Upgrade

Ken MacKenzie via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Nov 30 12:15:01 EST 2017

+1 on upgrade in place.  The debian literature typically has warned against
it, or at least that you do your due diligence, but for the most part
upgrading debian in place is painless.

On a workstation install it is recommended to load a live disk first to
make sure you have all the drivers you need.  But this is debian and I
always need to go get the wifi driver anyway...

I use debian more on servers, VPS instances typically.  My usual plan in
that case is to clone my vm first to test an update in place before hitting
the production box direct.