[TriLUG] OT: the difference between web bulb and dew point temperatures

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Dec 21 14:30:00 EST 2017

 Joe,
You have demonstrated you know quite a bit about the differences in these temperatures. Wet bulb is basically a measure of the moisture content in the air. The less moisture in the air the lower your wetbulb should be and this is because the evaporative cooling effect. The relative humidity is directly connected to the wet bulb. The fact you even know what a psychrometric chart is puts you on the right track. A few months ago, I did a search on a software library for the psychrometric chart and I found several open source options. They basically let you navigate the chart by calculation which should solve your issue. So you see, FOSS is not necessarily out of bounds for this topic on this email list.
Search for a library and even if you do not use the library, you can look at their code.
Here is one:
https://github.com/psychrometrics/Libraries

Good Luck,
John Vaughters