[TriLUG] Intel bug in the news today

Eric Blau via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 5 08:51:40 EST 2018

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 4:27 PM, David Burton via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Well, the net neutrality regs have been repealed, so time will tell whose
> prediction is correct. I stand by mine: that a year from now, or two, or
> three (take your pick) you'll be hard-pressed to identify any negative
> effects.

We will also see if we get the flood of investment by communications
providers into broadband infrastructure now that net neutrality has
been repealed. That has been the rationale supporters of repeal,
including Ajit Pai himself, have given. If several years from now we
have faster broadband speeds, more competition and packages to choose
from, and lower prices, we can go ahead and declare repeal a success.
I'm not holding my breath. Very first Spectrum bill after net
neutrality was repealed had my price go up (not saying there is any
direct connection, but still...).

-Eric