[TriLUG] Intel bug in the news today

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 5 12:23:23 EST 2018

That's still better than a lot of places in this country get when it
comes to Internet access.

The ISPs, or rather the big telcos and cable providers sure don't seem
to mind rules and regulations when it's in their favor.  Their beef
with municipal broadband for example but they're sure opposed to it
when they're being told that they can't screw people over.

Out at my rural property, it's good enough to have a main high capacity
back haul fiber run right down the main road, but not good enough to
provide any service in the area.

Last I knew, two things that weren't guaranteed rights in this country
were corporate profits and shareholder value.  But hey, this is
AmeriKa, home of the privatize the profits and socialize the losses.