[TriLUG] Intel bug in the news today

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 5 12:41:48 EST 2018

 > I pick electricity.  Second pick mail.

Excellent Choices.
Electricity - Do you Think Ocracoke Island gets the same service as Raleigh? Hahaha! They are used to power going out, it's a common experience.Mail - I once paid for overnight delivery only to be told after I paid that they cannot guarantee it will be there tomorrow, because of the location.
Access and Net Neutrality are closely tied and it is directly related to the term FAIR, as if that is something the Government manages well. The access is tied to the FCC regulations that were deemed necessary to manage communications to include a telephone line to all people. Everyone pays a fee for this privilege. If FAIR access or use is not in Net Neutrality then the FCC has no rights in this arena, which in my view is correct. They should not have anything to do with it at all.
Any other Choices?