[TriLUG] Strange lockups on Fedora

Peter Neilson via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 26 13:01:17 EST 2018

I'm using Ubuntu 14.4, and I stopped using FF, and am sticking with Chrome
and Opera, and now have fewer problems. Still need to shoot the whole
thing down every few days. If I don't watch videos it'll stay up forever.

My wife's running 12.4, FF and occasionally Opera, and she'll occasionally
tell me, "Could you please shoot down FF for me?" Sometimes it's gone to
CPU hog, other times to no swap space. kill -9 is the solution!

My wife watches videos on my machine, under Chrome, because hers won't
deal with them well at all.

Maybe some day I'll get around to trying to update the machines to more
recent hdw and Ubuntu. But not today.