[TriLUG] Best CentOS Filesystem for Improper Shutdown

Tarus BALOG via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 1 20:27:14 EST 2018

Gang:

I was curious if you folks had any advice on the best filesystem to use
on a minimal install of CentOS being used as an appliance?

This unit will be headless and so in the case that it loses power and
has to reboot, I'd like it to recover from any filesystem corruption if
possible. My searches have shown that ext4 is supposed to be pretty
good, but I also see that CentOS supports xfs as well.

Thanks in advance,
-T
--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645