[TriLUG] Best CentOS Filesystem for Improper Shutdown

Hrivnak, Michael via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Feb 4 16:51:21 EST 2018

Definitely check out Project Atomic, which has a CentOS release. It's a
great fit for an appliance and would certainly cover your reliable-boot
concern. Everything in /usr/, /bin/, and similar is read-only using OSTree,
which gives you all-or-nothing upgrade/downgrade.

It tends to be oriented toward containerized deployment, but you can also
easily add your own "layer" to the filesystem that adds your application in
a more traditional non-containerized way.

https://www.projectatomic.io/

Michael