[TriLUG] Best CentOS Filesystem for Improper Shutdown

Tarus BALOG via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Feb 8 11:16:18 EST 2018

On 02/04/2018 04:51 PM, Hrivnak, Michael wrote:
> Definitely check out Project Atomic, which has a CentOS release. It's a
> great fit for an appliance and would certainly cover your reliable-boot
> concern. Everything in /usr/, /bin/, and similar is read-only using
> OSTree, which gives you all-or-nothing upgrade/downgrade.
>
> It tends to be oriented toward containerized deployment, but you can
> also easily add your own "layer" to the filesystem that adds your
> application in a more traditional non-containerized way.
>
> https://www.projectatomic.io/

Thanks for that. I had issues with the CentOS bare metal iso (it would
install fine but never boot, complaining about not being able to find
\EFI\BOOT\grubx64.efi) but the Fedora version worked like a champ.

We modified our docker image to take configuration from some environment
variables and had it up and running in an hour or so.

Thanks for pointing me to this.

-T
--
Tarus BALOG, Maintainer                     Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 773 345 3645