[TriLUG] Have a job: Actually, a few

Douglas A. Whitfield via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 19 17:07:22 EDT 2018

I know a few of us are no longer in the Triangle, and when I was there I
ended up moving for a position. There's lots of talent on the list, so if
you live or are willing to live in Alameda (just south of Oakland),
Minneapolis, or just outside of London, UK, then you should check out
https://www.perforce.com/careers . We currently have 5 technical positions,
and 2 non-technical positions. We are expanding, so you may want to check
back occasionally if you are looking.

We have a fair amount of BSD-licensed stuff we develop, and the bulk of our
server support is for GNU/Linux. However, our actual products are
proprietary.

Fun fact: Perforce actually came out of Ingres.

If you are amazeballs, then there may be some opportunity for remote work,
but that is definitely not the norm.

If you don't like what you see, you can always submit a resume for future
consideration: https://www.perforce.com/careers/open-jobs?gnk=apply

This is a direct link to our Director of Devops position, based in
California:
https://www.thegravityapp.com/shared/job?u=1518198689&id=8a7887a8610ccb6601610f0a067459ae&clientId=4028f88b2c2b3e87012c2d53b3890fa1&v=9&token=eyJ0eXBlIjoiZW1haWwiLCJ1aWQiOjE1MDk4LCJwcm92aWRlciI6ImJvdW5jZSJ9.2kcZAYhnvRY9whRhO1dy798PMm0

I just started a little over a month ago, so I can't say a ton about the
company, but I can say one of my questions when the recruiter contacting me
was "will I be able to contribute to Apache and other free software"?
Currently, there are no restrictions, at least on my position in support.
It may be different for other positions. You may think that git has taken
over the version control market, but that's definitely not the case in game
development. Anyway, AMA, I guess.

Thanks!

Douglas A. Whitfield, M.S., J.D.
I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

I contribute to:
Music Manumit
blocSonic
CC Community Music Awards