[TriLUG] bulk email - gmail

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 27 09:19:32 EDT 2018

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:39:10 -0400
mver via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> I understand that bulk email can get labelled as spam, creating
> further problems for the sender.
> What I want to do is not a random, cold solicitation. The addresses
> have a logical relationship to the sender.
> I see all sorts of procedures to minimize spam ranking, including
> opt-in and unsubscribe options.
> Apart from using a paid service (mail chimp, icontact, ....) what do
> I do when sending from a gmail address?
>      Limit each batch to ___ addresses?
>      Other__________?

i should do something, sometime, maybe with someone. I have a working
bulk email system that is in use at a number of sites, some doe 50 000
mails in 30 minutes trouble is that I need to compile the system into a more
portable format so that someone can more easily install it on a server (or at
anywhere)

anyway, afaik mailchimp allows anyone to send around 12k emails
monthly, for free? Even if it is less it should be enough for your
requirement?

And, sending from reply to at gmail is not an issue with mailchimp, afaik
they use a bounce @valid-spf and a reply to @wherever

hth

Andre