[TriLUG] What Do People Use to Debug C++ on RHEL 7?

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Apr 23 16:11:12 EDT 2018

Seconded, enthusiastically.

I used vim for several years without any notion of how much depth it
has, in terms of well designed features that enhance software development.

I randomly walked into a talk by Damian Conway at OSCON ("Instantly
Better Vim!") and came out of there with my hair blown back!  This guy
got a standing ovation by a room full of highly skeptical SMEs, if that
means anything.  And I mean full, he has a following.  They had to move
the group to a larger room pretty quickly when it became overfilled.

Google up his talks about improving Vim and using it for Python
development on youtube, if you have the time.  You can also download his
.vimrc examples and command macros from github.  He's got some rather
wild automation goodies on there, as well as many non-obvious but simple
hacks.

   Scott C.