[TriLUG] Your message to TriLUG awaits moderator approval

Sean Korb via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 7 10:26:13 EDT 2018

This got me thinking again about data size.  A 20k email would load on a
Commodore64.  Back a few years cassette tape could store about 100 k on each
 30 minute side  So a 20k email message would take 6 minutes.  I think 9
minutes on a acoustic modem?  Now I don't even check my message size before
hitting send :)

sean

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 9:50 AM, Brian via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> Seems like we need a tweak to the settings,
>
> if $sender == asjoyner, $sizelimit = 10LC
>
> where LC == bytes in the Library of Congress.  XD
>

> On 06/06/2018 06:35 PM, Aaron Joyner via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> Oh, right.  I had forgotten why I don't post to Trilug more often.  ☹️
>>
>> Aaron S. Joyner
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 6:30 PM via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>>
>> Your mail to 'TriLUG' with the subject
>>>
>>>      Re: [TriLUG] IPTables - disable NAT for a specific
>>> source/destination
>>>
>>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>>
>>> The reason it is being held:
>>>
>>>      Message body is too big: 22810 bytes with a limit of 20 KB
>>>
>>> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
>>> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
>>> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>>>

>>> https://www.trilug.org/mailman/confirm/trilug/f2f634a8da478f
>>> 9ea14ef796498a7b8e8a1a790e
>>>

> --
> This message was sent to: Sean Korb <spkorb at gmail.com>
> /options/trilug/spkorb%40gmail.com

'65 Suprang,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera #1382