[TriLUG] Your message to TriLUG awaits moderator approval

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 7 10:34:13 EDT 2018

Let's ask a couple of practical questions.

What is the purpose of the size limit?  Is it routinely stopping abuse
or otherwise serving a real requirement?  Or is it an impediment to the
legitimate mission of this list and organization?

I have been bitten by the limit a couple of times when trying to
discuss actual, technical topics pertinent to the list, on a couple,
admittedly rare occasions.  In none of those occasions has the post
ever been "approved" which quite honestly irritated me a lot more than
than the initial automated message.  In at least one case, I said
"forget it" (not actually, forget, but a different word) to the
detriment of the discussion list.

Perhaps it is time to reconsider this limit?