[TriLUG] OT: Windows Anti-Virus

Cristóbal Palmer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 24 23:00:34 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 2:34 PM Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG <
trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

>  The US govt is peeved that Kaspersky did a good
> job in picking up malware recently and is now being a bully about it.

This is a gross mischaracterization of what happened. I’m not an
information security professional, so I’ll avoid giving an account, but I’d
encourage folks to find professionals in that sub-discipline who have.
Hint: the country that Kaspersky calls home is probably a factor. This
should not be construed as a defense of actions taken against Kaspersky,
nor should it be read as an endorsement of their products. My interest here
is only in making sure that tall tales don’t go unchallenged.

I can't think of a better recommendation for Kaspersky.

I can! Install stock Windows 10 as distributed directly from the Microsoft
website, and then follow the instructions here:

https://decentsecurity.com/

If you need more than that, you should probably get involved with a group
more Windows-focused than this one.

Cheers!
--
-- Cristóbal Palmer Sent while in a dream