[TriLUG] OT: Windows Anti-Virus

Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jul 25 08:59:19 EDT 2018

On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 7:42 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG
<trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2018, Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG wrote:
>
>>> Hint: the country that Kaspersky calls home is probably a factor.
>>

>> this is just innuendo.
>

> Kaspersky doesn't hide that it's required to hand over any new malware it finds to the Russian govt. If Kaspersky was evil, it would not have told the world about the malware it found on the contractor's laptop.

      AFAIK that is also done here and in the UK just to name two
countries. Perhaps not as officially as in there but in the end of the
day...

Remember that certain governments like to "persuade" software
developers to have backdoors on their software.