[TriLUG] Sharing LUN over iSCSI

Roy Vestal via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Aug 2 15:38:52 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm looking a simple solution for sharing storage among linux systems.
The requirements are simple:

- Must be CentOS based. I am not able to download and use something like
FreeNAS or OpenNAS

- Must be FedRAMP approved or hardened in such a way as to pass a
FedRAMP audit

- CIS v1.0 would be a plus

- *Cannot* be NFS or CIFS

The setup:

1x server serving 1x share to 4x systems, so simple ext3 or ext4 disk
shared via iSCSI won't work as ext3 and ext4 are not "share aware" file
systems.

I've been looking at GFS2, but if I'm reading correctly, it requires 3x
systems, a primary, secondary, and witness. I only get 1x server.

Any suggestions?

-Roy