[TriLUG] Smallest Linux Live CD I can boot and run via PXE

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Aug 12 16:59:00 EDT 2018

So far, not loving it.  Sorry.

It boots very fast, but regardless of which ISO I use, the GUI does not get started.  Per the docs, I should be able to type “start” to get X working, but I get “start: not found”.  The command does not seem to be found in the entire distribution (I am running the Core-current.iso)

In addition, this server has 4 NICs - 2x 1G and 2x 10G but only 2 are detected (not sure which ones yet).  And, “standard” linux tools don’t seem to be built in - lspci, hwinfo, etc.

I guess I need to do some more reading...