[TriLUG] Smallest Linux Live CD I can boot and run via PXE

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Aug 12 17:21:23 EDT 2018

 Right!!! You do not want to PXE boot the ISO. You need to find the docs to explain how to set up PXE boot and then you have all kinds of options to load software that you want including the GUI environment. Obviously the more you want to load the longer the boot will take. Anther option if you have local storage is boot just the kernel and load the software from the local storage. I'm not sure what you are trying to use this for, but the options are endless. The network card issue will probably be a driver issue. You will need to make sure the correct driver is loaded. They use up to date kernels, so this should not be an issue. You will definitely need to read the philosophy of the solution and it starts to make more sense. For me, it helped me understand many things about linux that I would have never thought about without delving into the solution.

To me, it was well worth the time I put into it and I too had played around with DSL, Puppy and a few others, but I stuck with Tiny Core.