[TriLUG] Google Maps Autocomplete help?

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Sep 4 20:56:08 EDT 2018

Folks,

I have run into a bit of a quandry, and expect that this oracle can help
me.

I have been learning to use Google's Autocomplete for a current project.

Doing this, I have encountered a small stumbling block.  According to my
reading of the documentation, one of the "place types" is "country."  I
have been successful with "(cities)," but "country" fails.  In fact, I
have only been successful with "(regions)" to find Countries, and that,
of course, is not ideal, because it comes back with States, Provinces
and Cities, as well as Countries.

Any suggestions, or is the documentation just wrong?

Thank you,
Brian