[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

William Sutton via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 6 17:43:31 EDT 2018

two comments:

1.  If I recall correctly, NetBackup still uses Sybase under the hood.
2.  MSSQL's row width limitation is a royal PITA, especially when you want
to add a column to a production database table and it locks the table so
that it can check EVERY. SINGLE. BLOODY. ROW. to make sure that the new
column doesn't exceed that limitation.  I never had that problem with
Oracle.  That and SSMS having autocommit enabled by default.  You should
NEVER autocommit by default.

William Sutton