[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

Jeremy Davis via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Sep 7 14:21:21 EDT 2018

Kinda makes me cringe thinking that due to the general public's unawareness
of the amazing capabilities of Linux.. tax payers must pay Microsoft
license fees for nearly EVERY government employee in the US. Just imagine
all the tax paying Linux users that must help buy EVERY new version of
Windows for EVERY government employee.

Government employees might not like the change initially but they will cope
with the change to keep their jobs. Government employees are used to system
changes and used to systems that fail constantly. From my observation, it
is probably easier for users switch to Linux than to upgrade to Windows 10.

However, the only way it will ever change is thru politics. With deep
pockets, Microsoft is heavily embedded in DC.

Good luck to everyone willing to take on that challenge!

Jeremy