[TriLUG] Too much light this time

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Oct 30 11:44:32 EDT 2018

OK, new problem.

Unlike last time, I have too much light, rather than too little.

A few days ago, shortly after another upgrade, my keyboard backlight on
my Lenovo laptop came on and has stayed on ever since.

Searching, I found a suggestion that I edit
"/etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.UPower.conf" and change
<allow send_destination="org.freedesktop.UPower"
           send_interface="org.freedesktop.UPower.KbdBacklight"/>

from "allow" to "deny," but that has had no effect.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian