[TriLUG] Waaaay off topic, but....

Mike Voss via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Nov 14 18:35:08 EST 2018

My parents had some fun with us boys in 1973? 75? whenever dad brought home
our family's first Color TV. We got home from school and there it was,
turned off, waiting for the Wizard of Oz that night, and us kids suspected
*nothing* about the color-jump, having watched on B&W every holiday, for
like, ever. We got all excited, and then it started, in b&w, and BOOO, it
was so disappointing, awww, CBS must not be showing it in color this year,
kids, we're sorry, we didnt know.... And of course then, you just forget
about it... Until, suddenly, POW, MUNCHKINLAND.
I remember we all three jumped straight up.