[TriLUG] Linux/MIPS bug (affects many home routers)

Cristóbal Palmer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Dec 14 23:05:29 EST 2018

See
https://cyber-itl.org/2018/12/07/a-look-at-home-routers-and-linux-mips.html

>From that page: “In the second paper, we describe an unfortunate bug in the
Linux/MIPS architecture which we encountered in the course of our reporting
on routers. This bug, whose origins date back to 2001, prevents most
Linux/MIPS binaries from enjoying the full protections of DEP and ASLR.”

Worth reviewing your equipment and subscribing to (or creating) whatever
bug has been filed in your firmware of choice if it’s relevant.

Cheers,
CMP
--
-- Cristóbal Palmer Sent while in a dream