[TriLUG] How to get to text terminal when Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't work?

Nathan Yinger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Dec 17 14:05:08 EST 2018

I'm quite certain the text terminals are running, because I can get to them
if I plug a regular keyboard in.

The function keys are hidden behind media keys, so Ctrl+Alt+F1 is really
Ctrl+Alt+Fn+F1, and I suspect it is a keyboard limitation.

The question is how do I get around that limitation? Is there another way
to switch between GUI and text? I could start in text mode, but I also want
to have a web browser on it, so if I switch to GUI to use the browser how
would I get back to text mode?