[TriLUG] How to get to text terminal when Ctrl+Alt+F1 doesn't work?

Nathan Yinger via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Dec 18 10:53:47 EST 2018

Chvt doesn't work when called from a terminal emulator, only when called
from text mode. Are there other commands to change terminal? I would have
assumed there was a command to go from GUI to text, but I haven't found it.

That documentation on Gentoo's wiki looks helpful, I'll give a try when I
get home.