[TriLUG] authoring tools for technical documentation ... ?

Cristóbal Palmer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Dec 19 08:34:43 EST 2018

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 7:45 AM Dewey Hylton via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org>
wrote:

> At first glance, google docs appears to be quite anemic. There may be
> plugins and such to add to my browser to fill in some of the missing
> functionality,

We use google docs here on one team, and it is able to do all the things
you described doing with moinmoin. Can you explain what you’re missing? You
may just have some memorized workflows that you’ll have to adjust to get
the same results.

Another useful bit of info to help people answer your Q would be what the
team’s documentation typically looks like. Do they write PDF or Word files
and then upload them to Drive? Do they make native google docs files that
have links to one another? If the latter, are they making use of document
sections, embedded pictures or video, etc? Those are very different use
cases that might suggest different tools.

Cheers!

> --
-- Cristóbal Palmer Sent while in a dream